The following recommendations are for oil finished floors. Like other floor finishes, oiled floors must be maintained in order to provide maximum protection and luster and are meant to be periodically re-oiled.
When properly cared for, a WOCA oil finished floor will last virtually forever and will never have to be sanded. A wood floor finished with WOCA oil is resistant even to excessive wear and most liquid spills. Maintenance is easy!
- Regularly vacuum or dust mop your floor to prevent sand or abrasive dust buildup that can scratch the floor finish.
- Wipe up spills and spots immediately with a damp cloth.
- One to four times a year, mop your floor with WOCA Oil Refresher. This will introduce a small amount of oil into the floor to freshen it and extend the time before a re-oiling becomes necessary.
- If cleaning more than four times per year becomes necessary, use WOCA Soap. Please remember to still mop with WOCA Oil Refresher twice a year.
- For commercial floors that require frequent cleaning, use WOCA Master Soap. The Master Soap is formulated to allow virtually daily cleaning without leaving behind residue, which may cause excessive buildup over time. Apply WOCA Oil Refresher three to four times a year.
- Do not use ammonia or oil-based wax, polish, household dust treatment chemicals, abrasive cleaners, furniture cleaners or any other non-WOCA brand product to clean your floor.
- Do not wet mop the floor, as excess moisture may cause damage to your wood floor.
- Only WOCA products should be used to clean your floor, which can be purchased from your flooring retailer.
- Place high quality floor mats and area rugs near outside entrances to prevent dirt, sand and other unwanted substances from being tracked directly onto the flooring. Also, if you have wood flooring in your kitchen, a throw rug with a soft or felt backing should be placed in front of the sink area to catch spills and splashes.
- Attach felt floor protectors on moveable furniture, including chairs, tables, sofas, etc. that sit directly on the floor.
- Keep pet nails trimmed and filed in order to minimize excessive wear.
- Tough dirt may require using a solution of WOCA Wood Cleaner. For complete instructions on how to use the WOCA Wood Cleaner see website for more details. When using WOCA Wood Cleaner, it may be necessary to reapply more WOCA oil.
- Light scratches are best repaired by hand rubbing WOCA Master Oil or Master Color Oil on the affected areas using a cloth. If necessary, first clean the area to be repaired with WOCA Wood Cleaner solution. Be sure area is dry before applying oil. Leave the oil to absorb for a short period of time before thoroughly buffing and then removing the oil from the surrounding area.