What is the best floor for pets?
Today’s I would like to discuss a question we get asked a lot in the showroom. What is the best floor for pets?
While it may seem obvious that you just want a surface that your canines won’t scratch, or ruin, the true dilemma goes deeper than that.
In general large dogs don’t tend to have very sharp nails because they naturally get filed while being walked or running on hard surfaces outside. They would therefore not cause that much damage at all in the way of deep scratching etc. Its cats and smaller dogs which tend to scratch more and therefore a soft wood may not be so appropriate.
Even taking this into consideration, you’ll want to make sure that the floor is easy to clean for any messes that your dogs may make, and of course, you’ll want your dog to feel comfortable while walking— or sprinting— across the floor.
Watch our video for some options to consider…
Feel free to contact us if they are questions about this subject.
- Tile or Laminate Flooring? Which Is Best?June 18, 2018
- Rustic Wood FlooringJanuary 21, 2015
- Wood Flooring Behavior In the Winter -Problems With GapsJanuary 3, 2017
- How to Clean Tile FloorsJune 8, 2016
- What is Douglas Fir Flooring & Where Can It Be Used?June 4, 2018
- Grey Matters with FlooringFebruary 13, 2017
- How to Maintain Prefinished & Unfinished Wood Flooring?September 21, 2015
- Oak Wood Flooring – Key FeaturesSeptember 21, 2015
- How durable is walnut flooring?November 26, 2018
- Reclaimed Materials used for Flooring and Wall CoveringsJuly 20, 2017
- Choosing the best hardwood floor for your moneyOctober 11, 2018
- Is White & Grey Wood Flooring Is a Good Option for your House? (Updated 2018)September 18, 2015