Grey Matters with Flooring
Places once thought of as empty or void of substance are now recapturing the public’s imagination. Think Mission Hill in San Francisco or the Industrial Lots in downtown Los Angeles. Neighborhoods that were defined by human capital have evolved into places that breed style. Industrial Chic is characterized by the color gray in particular. In the 19th century, the Victorians mistakenly viewed grey as being empty or void,
Today, grey is viewed as a very coherent color. A designer can throw a red telephone into a room with grey floors without destroying the color scheme. A grey dining room can be transformed with minimalistic, orange chairs. Grey hardwood flooring does not offer a void as people once thought, it offers expansiveness, and allows designers to take the room a step beyond a prime color. Grey is not boring, its in!
When a new customer walks into our showroom, they are typically drawn to a natural European oak. The hardwood flooring has a bit of grey, but is mainly characterized by its light, and natural tones. The natural oak color allows greater flexibility for the arrangement of the room. Additionally, radical design choices can still be part of a coherent arrangement in the room.
Oak floors with a solid grey stain rank among the more popular options available in our showroom. The mysterious light and dark greys offer a certain expansiveness that cannot be found in blue, red, green, and even certain browns. The potential design choices that a solid grey offers is limitless. Coupling solid grey floors with brown and white interior details will lend a more rustic atmosphere.
As of late, taupe grey has been trending. The oil finish typically maintains some of the natural brown of the original wood. It lends a bit more warmth to the space, and offers the potential to expand dramatic use of design details.
In our showroom, we carry a wide range of oak floors with grey stains. Anything from nearly white to opaque, taupe to achromatic, smoked to fresh, and rustic to contemporary can be found in our showroom. Please visit our store or contact us if you would like to learn about our selection of custom hardwood flooring.
- What is the best floor for pets?July 20, 2017
- 16 Stunning Hardwood Floor Examples For Your HouseSeptember 3, 2018
- What is the Best Flooring for DogsJune 13, 2017
- What is Douglas Fir Flooring & Where Can It Be Used?June 4, 2018
- What Are The Main Types Of-Sub-Floor Wood Flooring?September 20, 2015
- High-end hardwood flooring for luxury Los Angeles homesMarch 28, 2019
- Reclaimed Materials used for Flooring and Wall CoveringsJuly 20, 2017
- 2019 Definitive Guide To Eco-Friendly FlooringOctober 8, 2018
- Choosing the best hardwood floor for your moneyOctober 11, 2018
- 10 Great Ideas for Your Bathroom Floor TilesMay 21, 2018
- Unique Kitchen Floor IdeasFebruary 21, 2019
- What Is The Chevron Design Pattern?November 2, 2015