Rustic Wood Flooring
Wood flooring is not only a natural and good-looking flooring solution it’s also hard-wearing and easy to maintain. Wood flooring has seen a big increase in popularity in the last decade or so. Some even claim it adds value to properties. With a wide range of species, colors, grades and finishes to choose from you can see why wood flooring appeals to so many people.
Wood Flooring varieties
Wood flooring comes in two main forms; solid and engineered. Solid wood flooring, as the name suggests is made from a single piece of wood of your choice. Often referred to as “real” wood flooring, solid wood flooring now has real competition for market share in engineered wood flooring. Made up of layers of plywood, fused together and topped with a solid oak top layer, engineered wood flooring is a real and attractive alternative to solid wood.
Rustic Wood Flooring grades
Rustic wood flooring, as the name suggests, is flooring made from rustic grade wood. Rustic grade, or CD grade wood, can be oak, walnut, maple or any other wood species but is recognized by its knots and color variation which gives it its’ character. Rustic grade wood flooring may also have some splits which have been filled. The important thing when choosing rustic grade flooring is to decide whether the rustic look of the wood will work with your interior.
If you have any questions regarding wood flooring grades and varieties or you are looking for some advice about the best wood flooring for your home or other project, please feel free to contact Rhodium Floors’ team or come down to our West Hollywood showroom for a closer look at our exquisite and extensive collection.
- Flooring installation in Los Angeles: How to choose the best provider05/02/2019
- Meghan Markle’s LA house is on sale08/27/2019
- Should I get a Chevron Wood Floor? Is it worth it?04/17/2019
- White kitchen flooring options for your home – wooden floors and tiles05/23/2019
- Tile or Laminate Flooring? Which Is Best?06/18/2018
- Shabby Chic Floors – Reclaimed Wood Flooring & Tiles06/18/2019
- Is White & Grey Wood Flooring a Good Option for your House? (Updated 2018)09/18/2015
- How To Clean Wood Floors: The Complete Guide07/18/2019
- A Primer on Polyurethane08/03/2017
- Oak Wood Flooring – Key Features09/21/2015
- 11 bathroom and kitchen floor ideas to use right now!09/17/2018
- What to Consider Before purchasing New Wood Flooring?08/31/2018