How to Clean Tile Floors
Tile has been a popular flooring choice since as far back as homes have been built. Ceramic and porcelain tile are some of the most durable floor products and when properly installed can last a lifetime. But tile can also be costly, especially if you opt for something with a custom design, which is why it’s important for you to keep these few tips in mind in order to preserve the look and life of your floors.
- Remember the Basics
Sweep or vacuum your floors regularly in order to pick up any debris that may cause damage to the finish or get stuck in the grout. Most tile floors can then be cleaned with a damp mop and a soapy water mixture.
- Glazed vs Unglazed
Knowing exactly what type of tile you’ve had installed in your home will help you master the proper cleaning routine to make the tile last a lifetime. If you have glazed tile, an all-purpose, non-oil-based cleaner will keep your floors like new. For unglazed tile be sure to find a concentrated cleaner with a neutral pH and make sure that it doesn’t contain any added coloring or dyes that could be absorbed by your tile.
- Test in small areas
Tile is durable, but not indestructible. When testing out any scouring products or sealants make sure that you test it out on a small area first so as to not compromise the finish of your tiles. That also means that no scouring pads or metal should touch your tiles!
- Pads and Mats are Your Friend
Putting down floor mats in high traffic areas will help limit the wear and tear of your tiles, and adding protective pads under heavy furniture pieces will prevent the tile from getting scratched or cracking when the furniture is moved.
- Consult with a Flooring Professional
Once installed, tile floors don’t require much maintenance, but the installation process should be left to a professional. There are infinite design options when it comes to tiles, and the experts at Rhodium Floors can help you decide on what style, texture and shape is the best fit for your home. Offering an exclusive collection of Morrocan tiles and stone slabs we can guarantee that your new tile floor will be a unique feature of your home and will draw compliments from even the most discerning guest. Contact us today to schedule a consultation or to visit our one of a kind showroom in the heart of West Hollywood’s design district.
- Should I visit a wood flooring showroom or order online?02/27/2019
- Is White & Grey Wood Flooring Is a Good Option for your House? (Updated 2018)09/18/2015
- How to Maintain Prefinished & Unfinished Wood Flooring?09/21/2015
- How To Clean Wood Floors: The Complete Guide07/18/2019
- 10 Great Ideas for Your Bathroom Floor Tiles05/21/2018
- How To Pick a Zig Zag Wood Floor – including Chevron and Herringbone06/21/2019
- Effects of Changes in Weather on Wooden Floors07/20/2017
- 11 Best Ways To Use Vintage Wood In Your House12/17/2018
- French Oak vs. American Oak: 4 Questions To Consider07/02/2018
- Finished vs. Unfinished Wood Flooring10/12/2015
- A Primer on Polyurethane08/03/2017
- What Are The Main Types Of-Sub-Floor Wood Flooring?09/20/2015